Greetings and welcome to Post Middle School,
I am proud to be working with a staff that is focused on student success. We work together collaboratively to achieve our goals. Middle School is a unique time in your child’s life. We at Post Middle School will work to develop the academic, social, and emotional growth in the students we serve. Our mission statement is a reflection of that work.
Utilizing research-based practices, Post Middle School will collaboratively increase student achievement while engaging all students as independent learners in an academically, socially, and emotionally supportive environment.
Along with our mission statement, the staff at Post Middle School has also committed to the following actions:
Instructional Improvement/Professional Development-Learning
- We will use research-based best practices to guide our instruction and encourage each student to actively engage in their own learning.
- We will work on a common language within rubrics across curriculum
- We will be cooperative and flexible team members who support one another, and work collaboratively to achieve our collective goals.
- As healthy PLC teams, we will respect our norms including being timely and productive in our teams.
- We will support and collaborate on a daily basis, and will show enthusiasm for our subject matter as well as others’.
- We will intentionally provide timely feedback on student learning through formative and summative assessments to students and families.
- We will always strive for improvement.
- Our number #1 priority will be to make concrete changes to increase student achievement.
- At Post, we will provide a supportive school atmosphere that focuses on the development of well rounded students through meeting the social and emotional needs of our students.
- We believe in high expectations for all students and believe that every student will experience success.
Our school’s reputation for quality education rests, in large measure, on parental involvement and a concern for the achievement of students. This is no easy task. I urge each of you to take a leading role in your child’s education. Be involved in both academics and extra-curricular activities. Post has an active PTSA that works tirelessly to provide opportunities for students. I invite parents and community members to join us as partners in the educations of our Post Falcons.
-Voni Walker, Principal